Getting a library card is quick & easy
Visit your local library branch to get started.
What you will need
- Government issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- If your current address is different from the address on your photo ID, you will also need to bring proof of current address, such as:
- DMV Change of address card
- Recent utility bill mailed to your current address
- Recent pay stub with current address
Who can get a card
- All residents of the City of Hopewell, Prince George County, and Dinwiddie County of all ages are granted full use of all services of The Appomattox Regional Library System.
- Everyone is welcome to use the services of the Appomattox Regional Library on library property. The Administration reserves the right to determine if nonresidents may be granted extended privileges.
- Anyone 14 or older can get their own card with identification as listed above.
- For children under 14, a legal parent or guardian must present identification as listed above and sign for the child.
- Institutions may also be granted an organizational card that grants full borrowing privileges with the assurance that the Institution follows all regulations.
- The institution must designate one responsible individual in a letter signed by the head of the organization. The responsible individual must present this letter and government issued photo ID to apply for a library card.
Lose your card?
We will replace your library card for free the first time. Subsequent losses will cost $1 to replace. You will need to present a government issued photo identification.