Appomattox Regional Library system uses a secure online payment processor, SmartPay, so you can pay fines or add funds to your library card or guest pass for printing. Your library card number or guest pass and PIN are required to use SmartPAY. Payments can be made using your Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express.
With SmartPAY, you can log in with your library card number and PIN to see your balance, select items to pay, and securely charge your credit card or debit card. A successful payment is immediately applied to your Library account.
Need to Know :
- From your laptop, phone, or home computer click on the Mobile Pay button below.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN, head to the library, we can reset it for you but only in person with a card or photo ID.
- If you see an error message or have questions, please contact the Hopewell library at 804-458-6329 ext. 1001
To add money to you library card or guest pass for printing:
- Click on Add Money to SAM Account tab
- Type in the amount you wish to add to your account.
- Type in your credit card information and name
- Click the box that says “I’m not a robot”
- Click finish
- Click log out if you are done
*This will only be available if you have previously logged onto a computer at one of our locations after April 2022*
To pay fines
- Click on Pay Fines/Fees
- Check the box next to the word “FINE”
- This will add the amount to your “cart”
- If there are multiple charges you can add one or more to your “cart”
- Enter your name and credit card information
- Click on the box that says “I’m not a robot”
- Click finish
Credit/debit card transactions completed through this service will post to your account with the transaction description "Appomattox Regional Library, Hopewell VA" When you pay fines or fees online you are using the SmartPAY gateway service provided by Comprise Technologies, Inc. The SmartPAY service complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
No refunds will be given.
The Appomattox Regional Library System does not collect or store any credit or debit card processing data collected by the credit card processor. The Appomattox Regional Library System is not responsible for any breach of security with respect to data collected or stored by the credit card processor, nor is the Appomattox Regional Library System responsible for the credit card processor's compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
If you see an error message or have questions, please contact the Hopewell library at 804-458-6329 ext. 1001