We are a part of From the Heart, an organization founded in 2001, with a current membership of 1200+ people. You can learn more about this organization (and gain access to patterns, etc.) at From the Heart. Also, connect with us online on Facebook!
All items are knitted on donated yarn and then donated to needs in the communities. No matter your skill level, we could use your help! Don’t know how to knit or crochet? We’ll teach you!
- 1st & 3rd Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00pm
- 2nd & 4th Thursday mornings from 10:00am -12 noon
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday afternoons from 1:00-3:00pm
- Every Monday afternoon from 3:00-5:00pm
(No meeting on May 30))
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday afternoons from 2:00- 4:00pm
Groups we serve:
- Dinwiddie Christmas Share
- Hopewell Food Pantry
- The James House
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Riverview Convalescent Center
Currently, we have the following URGENT needs:
- Check back for any urgent projects here!
- Visit the From the Heart’s Current Projects Page
- James Randolph Medical Center Shawls, lap blankets, baby blankets, hats for all ages (remember, chemo caps and anything made for cancer patients must be acrylic or cotton), scarves
- Colonial Heights Food Pantry: Scarves, hats, mittens to be handed out with holiday meal distribution
- Dinwiddie Christmas Share program: 200 baby, toddler, and child sized warm winter hats
- The James House: Lap blankets, Christmas stockings, nice scarves for women residents, hat/scarf sets for children residents
- Email Carol Farmer at email@example.com or Joan Fleshman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to have patterns for anything in particular.
- Join us on Ravelry. You can find our group under Southside From the Heart. Their advanced pattern search is awesome and will provide you with about anything you want.