How to Request an Item
- You must have an active library card and 4-digit PIN.
- Search the catalog for the item you wish to request. See Search Catalog for help with this step.
- When you have located the item you wish to place on hold, click “Place Hold."
- A dialog box will appear asking you to log in if you are not already logged in. Enter your patron ID and 4-digit PIN. Click “Log On.”
- The Place a Hold dialog will appear next. The item you have selected will be named at the top.
- Choose your pick-up location. Note: Pick-up location defaults to your primary branch.
- You may choose to select the first available copy or a specific copy (if more than one copy is available). We recommend always choosing "first available copy" for the fastest results.
- When you are done, click “Submit Hold.”
- The confirmation dialog box will appear letting you know that your hold request was successful.
For information on curbside pickup while the library is closed to the public as part of the COVID-19 state of emergency, please go to our COVID-19 updates page here.