Print this Page
Request an Item
How to Request an Item
- You must have an active library card and 4-digit PIN.
- Search the catalog for the item you wish to request. See Search Catalog for help with this step.
- When you have located the item you wish to place on hold, click “Request” in the right-hand corner of the item description.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to log in if you are not already logged in. Enter your patron ID and 4-digit PIN. Click “Log On.”
- The “Place a Request” box will appear next. The item you have selected will be highlighted at the top.
- In the right-hand corner, select your pick-up location. Note: Pick-up location defaults to your primary branch.
- You may choose to select the first available copy or a specific copy (if more than one copy is available). We recommend always choosing “first available copy” for the fastest results.
- When you are done, click “Submit Request.”
- The confirmation dialog box will appear letting you know that your hold request was successful.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.arls.org/using-the-library/request-an-item/