Tax season is right around the corner. Are you ready? Get a head start by gathering information and forms early. Line up appointments now for tax preparation assistance. There are several helpful Web sites offering free tax advice, information, and scheduling for one-on-one service. Don’t wait until it’s too late; check out these online resources today!
- Virginia Department of Taxation and IRS
Download and print forms. Access information for individuals, businesses and organizations. File electronically at Virginia iFile and IRS eFile.
- Federal & State Tax Help from the Virginia Society of CPAs.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers provide free income tax preparation assistance to low-income, elderly, disabled, and limited English speaking people.
- MyFreeTaxes.com offers free electronic filing and information toolbox for low- and moderate-income individuals.
- United Way & MetroCASH (GREITCC) provide free tax preparation services to individuals who qualify.
Be sure to check out tax books in the 330s-40s, and take advantage of the information and resources available at www.FindItVA.com. Simply type a subject word or phrase in the search field to get started.