Southside Community Partners is a program of the Appomattox Regional Library System and funded through The Cameron Foundation & John Randolph Foundation.
To build a strong Southside community through developing and strengthening the nonprofit sector.
The Southside nonprofit sector as an energized, strong, cohesive, collaborative community bringing positive change to the Southside region.
Southside Community Partners developed through the merger of three independent nonprofit programs: the Southside Virginia Nonprofit Resource Center, Focus INC, and ConnectSouthside into one operating program of the Appomattox Regional Library System. This merger process began in 2008 and was fully realized in August 2009 with the announcement of the new name.
The consolidation of these three programs with the Appomattox Regional Library System represents a combining of strength and resources that enables more effective and efficient delivery of the tools and support that will help strengthen our community.
Southside Community Partners serves the cities of Petersburg, Colonial Heights and Hopewell; the counties of Dinwiddie, Prince George, Surry and Sussex; and the portion of the county of Chesterfield lying south of Route 10.
Our Services and Resources:
Around the region, organizations and individuals are striving to achieve more effective and successful delivery of programs and services in an ever tougher environment. We at Southside Community Partners are here to provide resources to help you work toward that success. A core value of Southside Community Partners consists of contributing to our partners’ successful achievement of mission through providing the highest quality resources and services in the most accessible form.
We do this through three focus areas:
1. Human resource development through Learning & Leadership professional training programs
2. Organizational/institutional strengthening through pathways to funding and management resources in the Nonprofit Resource Center
3. Community engagement and knowledge exchange through SCPartners.org
Community Benefits are both simple and systemic. Simple email announcements may include news of upcoming events, giveaways, advocacy alerts, job postings and volunteer opportunities. Broader benefits are achieved by providing the Southside community a platform to:
* Promote and encourage collaboration;
* Strengthen organizational capacity of nonprofit organizations;
* Funnel citizens to opportunities for civic engagement;
* Foster connections within the nonprofit sector as well as business and government; and
* Create awareness of local concerns and generate collective action to improve the lives of all citizens.
For more information on Southside Community Partners, please visit www.scpartners.org or email email@example.com.