The Appomattox Regional Library System strives to provide public meeting room space at each of its facilities. Meetings must be arranged with the Library System in advance. These rooms are available at no charge for non-profit groups wishing to present programs or to hold meetings which serve the community’s needs for education, information, and cultural enrichment.
To schedule a meeting, call (804) 458-6329 extension 1005.
Some audio visual equipment is available for in house use by request.
General guidelines for reserving space are as follows.
- Meeting rooms are free of charge.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- You may not charge an attendance fee or solicit funds.
- Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only 1 meeting per group may be scheduled at any time.
- Meeting rooms are available only during the open hours of the library.
- Uses of a purely social nature such as a baby shower or birthday party are prohibited.
- The time booked is total occupancy time, and should include setup, meeting and cleanup time.
- You must read and agree to abide by Section Twelve of the Public Services Policies, Group Use of Meeting Space.
Hopewell Manufacturing Association Meeting Room
The HMA room can accommodate up to 75 people seated theater-style or 30 people seated at tables. It is ideal for larger meetings, presentations, and lectures. Counter-tops, a sink, and a small refrigerator are available for serving refreshments.
Nelson Worley Board Room
A more formal meeting space, the Board Room can seat up to 18 people around a large center table with additional seating on the room’s periphery. A small counter and sink is available for serving refreshments.
G. Melvin and Elsie Atkins Study Room
The Study Room is best suited for small study groups or meetings of four to six people. Food and drink are not allowed in this area.
Granting the use of its meeting rooms does not imply approval by the library of the group, the meeting, or the ideas presented at the meeting. All use of the meeting rooms is subject to the approval of the Regional Library Director or supervising librarian. Any exceptions to policy must be approved by the Regional Library Director.